OKI Pro9000 Series
Print CMYK +
White & Clear Gloss
A3+ colour up
White or clear gloss
Single pass white under colour
OKI Pro9 Envelope Print System
Making larger print runs easy! Printing envelopes, invitations, paper bags, pouches and much more!
DUPLO DP U950
Suction Fed Duprinter with Straight / Offset Stacker
DUPLO MINI SYSTEM
Friction-Fed Bookletmaker & Collator System
Single Sided Laminator
EASYMOUNT EM-2100 SH
WIDE FORMAT LAMINATOR
What Is Document Management?
Where do your employees store documents and how do they go about searching for these documents?
- The Windows folder structure: a good, logical structure, but one that is used differently by different people depending on their personal preferences.
- Email inboxes: again with personalized folder structure, often different from that in Windows.
- Physical filing cabinets: these can be personal, or specifically structured for the department or the whole company; although even then, their structure often differs based on the employees or departments using them.
- USB sticks: which we might use to keep personal back-ups, or transfer documents to different storage locations.
Often all four of these may be in play, each holding a portion of the information - which may or may not be up to date. The result is a very insecure situation leaving your documents prone to loss, unauthorised access, theft and destruction.
The problem has two main sources:
- The hierarchical tree structure. Although it is a clear and logical way of saving documents, every hierarchy is different because people have different jobs and different ways of thinking. When systems get big, and contain information from more than one person this becomes a big problem.
- People duplicating documents in order to have a copy in every storage structure, be it their e-mail, local drive, network drive or USB stick; it is then difficult to keep track of which version is the latest.
The solution is to drop the hierarchical tree structure and instead we ask just two questions:
- What kind of document is it?
- What labels would you like to tag onto your document in order to identify it?
For example, if you want to store a contract, you can tag it directly from the display of a Multi-Functional Device before storing it into the Therefore document management system. Similarly, document tagging can be done from virtually any desktop application.
The labels effectively replace the need for any type of hierarchical structure and since everyone with access rights can retrieve the document from a central storage location, there is no further need for duplication. You now have only one place to store, search, distribute and secure documents.
This in essence is the beauty of a Document Management System, but it is also just the beginning of what's possible. It also offers:
- Document workflows
- Document security
- Automatically capturing document output from information systems
- Disaster storage on secure media
On average, office workers spend over 50 minutes per day trying to find information. This is not only frustrating, it's a drain on productivity. The ThereforeTM solution from Canon gives everyone instant and secure access to all the information they need. Documents can be automatically routed and tracked through a business to increase process efficiency.
· Secure and effective storage and retrieval
· Instant access to critical information
· Increased productivity and improved regulatory compliance
Easy filing with ThereforeTM
ThereforeTM enables you to structure all of your business-critical information. With it, you can search, retrieve, view, sort, group and distribute documents; you can instantly capture, organise and access any content as well as design automated workflows in order to streamline critical business processes. ThereforeTM is easy to use, meaning that staff require minimal training and resulting in a far more efficient way of working.
Electronically file all types of information
With ThereforeTM, format and source aren't issues. Everything is effortlessly manageable.
To help your business meet document compliance regulations, the ThereforeTM server automatically applies a digital signature to every document.
Fit for your business
ThereforeTM is totally scalable. With no customisation or programming required it can be typically implemented in no more than a week including full training. Administrators can be assigned to centrally configure and define business rules.